Wednesday, September 06, 2006

 
Ever had one of those days?
Today has not been good.

I woke up with a cold.

The bookshelves being made for my office, already several weeks late, turned up and were, in the oh so accurate words of our temporary IT technician, 'MFI tat' so have had to be sent back and we are now looking at several more weeks with all my books and files on the Board Room table.

The shutters in my room, meant to be being restored by the same builders, were declared unrepairable- they want to make new ones, thus wasting the old wood and more delay too of course.

The painters cluttered the room up in the only hour I had to do my email, pointlessly painting said condemned shutters.

I was told the new sign on our playing fields has a spelling mistake.

The amazing designers doing our lovely new logo are completely stuck over whether we use a colon (wrongly), a hyphen (offends their design sense), two different colours or fonts (ditto), a comma (ditto and I think they are right) or a vertical line (they like, we think it is like a barrier) in the middle of our excellent new strap line (which I cannot reveal to my eager readers till early Oct) and we need to decide by tomorrow at 9am.

Whenever it was sunny I was stuck indoors. When I went to go home, and to move my car back from Reception to the house now the staff car park is finished, it was raining and I had a front wheel puncture out of nowhere. Oh, and I'm meant to be taking the car into the garage first thing tomorrow for a service.

But then..

Our wonderful evening porter Colin tried to change the wheel for me. True to the day, he couldn't get the locking wheel nuts off, BUT the RAC came - in about half an hour- changed it for me very quickly so I still saw most of Holby. And my friend Alleycat has finally posted a comment on here.

And despite all this I managed to stick to the latest attempt at a diet. So maybe things are looking up.

I've still got the cold though.

Comments:
God, how awful! A real bummer of a day (as we used to say). Yes, I have these days too, and I'm sure everyone else does as well, which probably explained why I laughed at your excellent description of it. Is there a sense in which we sometimes do blogging as therapy?
 
poor you ... my sympathy is late but oh so understanding of these crappy das!!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?