Sunday, June 04, 2006

 
Pot pourri post..
Several things to say to day, hence title.

1. It was very exciting to get comments straight away- thought it would be weeks before anyone noticed I was back. Thanks, Dr Joolz and Guy!

2. Another 'got back in there' today- finally, after several months of trying, we got out on the bikes today - only an hour or so but definitely a cycle ride. So here is a picture of our bikes to celebrate that. (We also managed to eat outside for the first time this year.. June 4th.. hmm. )


3. And one of the students from my research focus group has done what I asked and sent me his favourite photos with permission to use as I liked (thanks, Karl!). Most are landscapes from Kinder Scout and Wales - he is a geography and education studies student- but this one is kind of cute (it is called 'love you' but he was at pains to point out- and I quote from his email- 'the one titled, love you, well, that's just sheep, but I find this picture fascinating, and don't panic, I don't love sheep, it was just the first file name that popped into my head, ha ha') :



Comments:
Hooray! Let's here it for cycling! Well done. And that sheep picture is just fantastic.
 
yes, it feels very good sitting here this evening enjpoying some white wine and that feeling of having enjoyed being outside today.. makes me want to go cycling much more often again..
 
I wish we did not have somany hills; it is a kind of all or nothing situation when youlive in Sheffield. either 'no cycling' or 'really hard work cycling'.
 
Hills are definitely the worst apart from head winds. I find those cyclists who say things like 'Lincolnshire is too flat for cycling' very strange.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?