Thursday, June 01, 2006

 
Deep breath, jump in, start swimming..

Surprisingly hard to start blogging again after such a gap. I have planned so many entries in my head and not then posted them. Finally here I go, prompted by finally getting round to starting my research for UKLA yesterday. I have found 5 students who are all keen digital camera users and had a great hour with them talking yesterday- now I just need to transcribe it and decide what to do then..

Have seen some very nice use of camera phones lately. We had a dinner for staff who have been here for more than 10 years- many of whom are our housekeeping team- and afterwards they - and I - went to the bar. They were up and dancing with the students and several of them were taking photos on their phones too- I have a picture of this happening on my phone but haven't yet downloaded it! Meanwhile I have to confess I was captured on video on a phone dancing with several others to YMCA.. they did threaten to put this on the SU website but I have been spared. Then a student emailed me this- taken on his phone at 3am after a night of end of term celebrating:


Nice they are so pleased! (It was the only picture from that night he felt able to share.. thanks, Ken. As he says, not a bad picture given the time of night and the fact they were tired and emotional. )


Comments:
woo hoo you are back!!

Thatis so nice.

Glad you got some good research data; look forward to hearng about it.
 
Welcome back to the blogosphere...sounds like you've got some great stuff!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?