Monday, June 19, 2006

 
Camping- but not the way Simply Clare does it..
Hard to imagine that this time last week I was driving back (through torrential rain and thunder) from 24 peaceful and mainly sunny hours camping in Whitby with our chaplaincy and students. Simply Clare does rough camping, travelling light (check out her posts from July 2005, can't work out how to link to them!) - we do extremely easy camping, taking every gadget we can lay our hands on:




And of course we stay in touch while away:


Anyway, more of our adventures later. But as a taster, one thing I did was spend a lot of money here.. and not on a mug, either..


Comments:
I love Whitby. I went there when it was an old fashioned holiday place (early 1980's) and this Yorkshireman asked us, 'Are you here for the fortnight?' that was when you took a room in a B and B for a fortnight in a holiday place and stayed.
 
Hello hello. Maybe I am back! I have been away for a long time in some sort of 'other off-line world' (which according to some doesn't exist). Looking forward tremendously to seeing everyone next week! And by the way - I went Mary Plain camping myself last week - with a table and chairs and a bottle of wine... it was simply marvellous!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?