Tuesday, February 14, 2006

 
My Valentine
Although I think that actually I come somewhere after two Moto Guzzis, a Ducati and a Royal Enfield in the Motorcyclist's affections, occasionally he surpasses all expectations. As I said on DrJoolz's blog, today I was brought a heart-shaped pastry in bed with morning tea today and a Valentine's card with a Motorcyclist- written poem (and then later we had another chocolate heart-shaped cake, and a chocolate heart lolly appeared too). I am allowed to quote it (the poem):
'I will not count the days-
they are too few.
And man does not understand
The space of time he's in.
What matters most is one
More day with you.
No hour glass counts time
The way we do.'

So here he is, the romantic that he is, on a balcony overlooking the Sea of Galilee last Easter. Wish I could write poetry like that.

Comments:
I know that you know... but you are very very lucky!
 
thank you Simply Clare! He does certainly have some very good points..
 
This is so lovely. I am smiling away as I read this now. It is even more amazing that he let you tell us. (swoon.)
 
I was really surprised as usually he is a very private person. Must have caught him at a good moment!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?