Wednesday, January 11, 2006

 
Old and new again..
One night in Madeira we went to a 'folklore' restaurant for espetada which is of course steak cooked on long skewers and hung on your table on the big hooks you can see in the picture. And of course while you eat there is authentic local dancing.. this lady seemed to be in charge of the troupe and I think I would try to learn very quickly if I were one of her dancers.
There were also authentic musicians of course. I particularly like the hats.

But look over there.. who is that on the wall?


Yes, it is authentic Barbie.. in the bit of the restaurant used for local families to let their children have birthday parties. I would have gone nearer to get a better picture but that night I was using a crutch.. this was an outcome of the scariest walk ever which we did that day. But more of that later in the week..

Comments:
This is a fabulous post maryPlain. I lovethe pictures and that woman is truly scary.Maybe clumsy dancers get hung on hooks too?
As for the Barbie ... sensational. (If you had got your SLR you would have been able to zoo right in wthout moving from your seat!!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?