Tuesday, January 10, 2006

 
New and old





I am finally getting back into a productive mode- very slowly- after a nearly three week break from work. Not quite ready to do thoughtful blog entries so this week we will do a few 'what I did on my holidays' posts. This picture is the main Toyota showroom in the middle of Funchal and as you can see they have moved into a building that used to be something else but they have kept these amazing tiled panels on the outside. New generation Yaris, old generation showroom. Excellent.

Coming soon- my scariest ever walk.. but just to round off, a picture of Madeira's national flower. I just love the way these look so exactly like slightly anxious but very flighty birds. (The posh name is estrelicia I think but the everyday name is bird of paradise. I expect everyone else already knew that though.. )




Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?