Friday, December 23, 2005

 
'Twas the night before the night before Christmas, and all down the street, you could see whose Christmas illuminations were complete..
(I know, but it is the best I can do at this time of night, okay?)


It starts off quite gently

with a bit more as we go further along..

this was a hard one to capture in its full moving glory

so you need to imagine Santa swinging to and fro.

But then around the corner the real Lickey illuminations come into view..

these next three speak for themselves, I think.





The road is quite narrow at this point and without climbing into the bushes I couldn't get far away enough to get the whole lot in one shot. I suspect this can be seen from outer space..

I had to wait till it was completely dark to take these because of the problem with my camera flash I mentioned a while back, so I was excited to read here about a new Fuji that can be made to work in natural light. The Fuji F11 is the big brother to my current camera and so very tempting, but not a digital SLR.. it is so hard choosing new toys!


Comments:
Fabulous Mary Plain!
Happy Chrstimas
 
I'm loving the illuminations!!
What then is 'Lickey'?

Happy Christmas...
 
Lickey End is where we live. Truly. You can tell people from round here as they don't laugh when you say that as they know it is because we are at the end of the Lickey Hills. There is a road near us called Lickey Rock, too.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?