Thursday, December 08, 2005

 

So is it really this cold outside the bearpit?
Many of my very wise blog companions (look here and here and here ) are talking about authenticity at the moment. So I began wondering about real and fake with regard to the pictures I am posting. I have been trying to create an illusion that all these Advent Calendar pictures are very contemporary. Well, most of them are. But how would those of you outside Lincoln know? do you check our weather often enough to know? it is certainly cold out tonight.. but have we had snow today? or even this Advent? And when I tell you this tree is just outside my front door, how do you know if that is true? (The answers are no, this is a snowy day two years ago, and yes, it is outside the front door. But I could of course be making that up.) And in this context does it matter if I am telling the truth?

Anyway, enough of that. Even if you don' t usually bother to follow my links you simply have to check this out, also this, passsed on to me by our e-learning co-ordinator. (Thanks, David! )In a way they also are about authenticity- will identity cards help us know who people really are? But they are both also very good pieces of parody.

Comments:
These sites look so Cooool. Can't wait to get home where the sound actually works on my pc!!
 
they are soo much better with sound, you are in for a real treat! and glad to see you back commenting!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?