Thursday, December 15, 2005

 
One last night shot..


So for the last time, a picture from last Sunday's outing. Tomorrow I have to do something different! (memo to self, take camera to work..) This tree is the one outside the cathedral which has lights on in memory of people, I guess others have a similar thing near them- it is called Light a Light and it is organised by our local hospice. I think I posted about it earlier in Advent.. One of my favourite things in Lincoln is the cathedral at night.

One of my other favourite things is the different student entertainments at this time of year. Last night I went to the second year music students' ensemble (assessed performance) and they did this amazing Japanese drum thing, among other stuff- it is called taiko and you can hear a bit of it here. It is very spiritual, and visual too, with lots of dramatic arm movements and chanting. It was very loud! They also did some schmaltzy Christmas stuff including Rutter's Jesus Child which we are also doing for the staff carol service on Monday. Then tonight I have been to see our Year 3 drama in the community students doing their studio practice pieces- these are short plays/extracts where the Yr 3 students have to direct using Yr 1 students as their actors etc. We had a real range from an amazing version of the Selfish Giant using a mix of actors and different puppets (rod, shadow etc) - lots of weepy students in the audience at the end- through some much harder edge stuff to a v funny version of Aladdin set in the East End. Of course I had a million other things I needed to be doing but am v glad I went to this instead!


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?