Tuesday, December 13, 2005

 
Forty trees
There was a special display this weekend in St Mary Magdalene which is the church by the cathedral. It was of forty Christmas trees, each decorated by a different shop from Bailgate. So we had a post office tree:





and several cute gifty shop type ones:



and the Thai restaurant one.




My favourite for weirdness was the ice cream parlour one.


It is also one of my favourite shops as I like their frozen yogurt.

So today's link is to a singing Christmas tree.. which is very appropriate as I have been talking about trees and have just come back from the student carol service and Christmas dinner, at both of which there was a lot of singing. (I would have liked to take photos of both, but I was singing in the choir for the service and then on the top table for dinner so taking pictures would have felt a bit like taking pictures at the zoo..) We still do a formal dinner for first years (they don't have to dress up though) and the choir sing the college grace and the Boar's Head Carol to start us off. We used to have a real boar's head but apparently the vegetarians didn't like it so now it is virtual. We also do the college chant ( I will share this with people in meatspace one day!) and tonight the students sang Little Donkey and We wish You a Merry Christmas too.


Comments:
Love the singing tree; I also think this line is a real classic:
'We used to have a real boar's head but apparently the vegetarians didn't like it so now it is virtual.'

EXcellent.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?