Sunday, December 11, 2005

 

Christmas music
I am a sucker for Christmas music of all kinds so today here is a picture of the steam organ that was at the Christmas Market to celebrate the annual getting out of the Christmas CDs. I listened to John Rutter and part of the 'Best Christmas Ever' CD on the way back from Bromsgrove then to Maddy Prior when I got here. Even better are the live bits of music such as our candlelit carols this coming Tuesday.

And for those who prefer a more interactive Christmas, try this game with haggises.. my top score so far is a shameful 70 and I am sure you can beat that..

Comments:
Well I love this picture, it's excellent...but I'm afraid Christmas music just doesn't do anything for me. However, I note 2 interesting sub-genres from different locations. 6 years ago we were knocked out by a selection of reggae carols playing in a hotel in Auckland..and just over a week ago, I was subjected to carol-crooners in the Holiday Inn, Miami. The best just had to be a smoochy version of Joni Mitchell's song River - a complete misreading because it's so melancholic. "It's coming on Christmas.....I wish I had a river, to float away on." Still the sleigh bells made it a bit more cheerful!
 
I am loving the haggis game. Brilliant thanks
 
I can't help feeling the RSPCA would not approve though.. :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?