Thursday, November 10, 2005

 
Where was I?
Just before Dr Joolz went to Venice I went here:

It looks very un-English and it is- it is here in Wales. I had never been before and so I took lots of pictures. We also bought the complete DVD set of this and some badges which say we are not numbers.

On the way we tried to stop in Llangollen for lunch but it was full. We saw the river though which was also pretty full:


and this amazing shop, though we did not go and buy anything:


then we went past this lake:


One of the things I liked was that there are lots of natural frames for pictures in Portmeirion like this one where the Motorcyclist is using one of his favourite gadgets, his Lidl binoculars.

and this one looking across the estuary.


Around the village there are woods to walk in and the autumn colour was just irresistible. Or irresistable, I am too tired to tell tonight!


So it was a good break. It feels a very long time ago and work is very full again, particularly since on Wednesday this week I am meant to be doing a quite important lecture which is still just a plan on one side of A4 and a short video clip. I would post the poster but I can't find the file. Tomorrow, maybe..


Comments:
I love your photographs through arches, and it's good to read about your travels, too. Llangollen can get a bit overcrowded, but the river's always worth looking at. I usually go up the hill past Riverside Taxidermy and have tea by the canal. A suitably English reponse to Wales.
 
I hadn't been there for years, not since I was at school. We had hoped to have lunch there but couldn't find anywhere to park for more than 30 minutes!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?