Monday, November 14, 2005

 
The final countdown

Why did I say I would do this? Right now I am very aware that in 48 hours it will all be over. I have had about 6 weeks to plan what I do but until today all I had done was a) make the poster; b) make a video tape of my goddaughter c) organise the invitations and d) do a scruffy one-page plan which might be distantly related to a mind map but didn't help much today!

All day today I have been trying to sort out what I want to say and I have a very bad and much too long Powerpoint presentation ready which I shall spend tomorrow re-writing. The good bits have been finding this site when I was looking for an on-line version of Pride and Prejudice, finally learning how to draw straight lines in Photoshop and learning about the little clicky button underneath our remote mouse for the lecture theatre. (I have dressed Elizabeth and Darcy at least 6 times today and spent a long time resisting doing some research in my Georgette Heyer collection about what men wore with knee-breeches and what they wore with Hessians. ) The rest of the time has been spent thinking about how to say anything worth listening to and -mainly- wondering if I really know anything about digital literacies at all. in between that I have thought about my knee a bit, which has been hurting since I went to the gym on Friday. (I know. No need to say it.)


Comments:
Good luck Mary Plain!
I know people are looking forward to the lecture and I am sure it will be wonderful.
ALso, in 24 hours I will find out whether I have got my AHRC grant on inside and otuside glass cabinets.
Cross fingers!
 
absolutely, fingers crossed- that would be a fabulous project for you to do.
 
Hey Mary Plain: It's over now, huh? Didn't I tell you it'd go fine? Well, I didn't tell you but it did go well, right? There are two kinds of listeners to your lecture: those who deserve it and those who do not. The former will enjoy it and appreciate your efforts no matter what; the latter will not be touched even by the sermon on the mount. Why worry?
The best of luck.
 
Hi Joe, whoever you are, and welcome.. yes, it did go fine, was just about to blog to that effect!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?