Thursday, October 06, 2005

 
Walking the students
By popular request (thanks Guy and Joolz) a few more glimpses of student life. These are from a walk last week (part of the freshers thing though actually these are all second and third years, many of them our SU exec). I went so I could have another chance to drive the minibus.

It was a not very nice day and the forecast was rain. Two of the students rang the person organising the walk to ask if they could wear wellies. (Yes, they are at least 19 years old and they asked permission.) They had matching wellies- not a very well composed shot, sorry, but you get the idea:



However, only the members of staff had coats with any degree of waterproofing.

We saw this very strange plant in someone's garden:


We crossed a bridge so the students tried to play Poohsticks. All the sticks got caught somewhere under the bridge though.


And we saw this wonderfully useful sign in a field by a narrow kissing gate:

Then on the way home it rained a lot (while we were in the bus) and the next day I was ill. I have the Freshers Virus which is a lot like kennel cough for any dog owners out there. A very deep husky cough and a low grade fever. Have had two and a half days off and am way behind with everything which is why this blog entry is very late arriving.

Comments:
I do hope you are feeling better now mary Plain.
And thank you so much for showing us the results of the minibus drive.
I totally adore the wellie shot and do feel that now, as well as needing a coat I need wellies. The pink hear ones are well to the jay bad unbad.

The plant is well weird and I think yu did the right thing to take its photo.
 
Get well soon. I love those wellies too and am also contemplating buying a pair myself. Life in Lincoln seems just marvellous (apart from kennel fever)!Just seen the best word verification ever: rbblob
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?