Tuesday, October 25, 2005

 
Today
I saw SimplyClare's poem last night and while I was looking for something else today and avoiding planning my professorial lecture I found this one which people might like. I used to have it on my wall at work.

TODAY
Today I will not live up to my potential.
Today I will not relate well to my peer group.
Today I will not contribute in class.
I will not volunteer one thing.
Today I will not strive to do better.
Today I will not achieve or adjust or grow enriched or get involved.
I will not put up my hand even if the teacher is wrong and I can prove it.

Today I might eat the eraser off my pencil.
I'll look at clouds.
I'll be late.
I don't think I'll wash.

I need a rest.

(By Jean Little )

Comments:
I love this poem. Thank you. Who is Jean Little?
 
No idea at all! Someone gave me a copy of this years ago and I have always been too idle to find out.
 
Brilliant.
 
I found the poem./ It is in here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/006440384X/ref=sib_dp_pt/103-8412770-6159015#reader-link
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?