Friday, August 12, 2005

 
Writing progress
Well, I have ploughed on and even though today I have had to do other things I have at least got a revised draft. It has lots of gaps and bits that look like this: (ADD REF HERE) and it is already about 2,000 words too long but I am much happier with this version and think that one more day tomorrow should see something I might be happy to share.

I had forgotten how many tactics I can come up with for wandering around and wasting time while writing, and how hard it is to just face up to it and get on. I had no distractions at all to speak of yesterday but managed to invent several.

Simply Clare was a real star, coming up with a reference by return email to Marc Prensky's site where I found several immediately useful articles and several others interesting enough for me to pretend I needed to read them then and there. Simply Clare's blog also provided usefully distracting entertainment, not least from this site which I found by following this one of her links. I had no idea woggles came in so many colours..

Comments:
and in turn I thank Victoria for the Marc Prensky connection!
Glad you are having a productive time. I have made three fruitcakes and tidied the garage rather than write anything - but I have done some reading and learnt to use flickr!
 
Well done Muriel on getting writing done... fantastic. I feel really scared about gettig back to work next week as have so much to do.

Do you know Leander's site?
http://www.vanderbilt.edu/litspace/pubs.html
 
And it is done and I have sent it to Vic and Jackie who kindly offered to read it, having had to say no to it first time round. Fingers crossed. I have enjoyed it though!
Will check out Leander's site.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?