Wednesday, August 31, 2005

 
Toys
A while back I planned to do this post of the things on my toys wish list, and today, the last day of my holiday, seems a good time to cheer myself up with thoughts of toys to come. The thing is, which should I go for first?




This is my dream Magimix, the 5100. Around £179 from Amazon. I have brought the small one back to Lincoln and it would be great to have the big one in Bromsgrove for entertaining there.


Seeing Dr Joolz' s closeups has made me think maybe I should trade up in camera terms. I am really fond of my Fuji and it is very good but this looks even better. But is it too bulky for me to take out a lot? And should I look at other makes too or stay loyal to Fuji?


I used to have a Walkman, then a CD Walkman. Now I don' t have either.. my friend John has an iPod and it is really cute. But would I use it? And could I resist some of those cute accessories Victoria Carrington had on her blog recently?

I really need a decent sound system. Our living room is big, around 42 square metres, and needs a big sound to fill it. I have always wanted a Bang and Olufsen, and this one stores CDs on its hard drive. But it is very expensive. I could get something much cheaper. Would I love it as much as a B&O?


It is time to go big flat screen. We would love a 42 inch one and we have room for it here. But which one? and plasma or the other sort? and what would the neighbours say? (Actually we don't really have any..)

And, to counteract all the couch potato activity related to the above, I fancy a really good rowing machine- the Concept 2. There is room in the bedroom. But I can use one in the new sports centre here on campus, for a fraction of the price. Is it better to pay for us both to join the sports centre (only a small fitness suite but I could walk and cycle too) or to have a rowing machine to use at home whenever we want?

So many choices, so little money. What do I go for first? What would be on your list?


Comments:
I'd go for a 20GB iPod, with a textured iSkin (available in various colours. Beats the competitors by a long chalk!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?