Monday, August 22, 2005

 
Scary day
Today I am making a wedding cake for my friend Catherine. This is for her wedding this coming Saturday and it seemed like a good idea at the time. It is a chocolate cake with white chocolate icing so has to be done at the last moment. We (Catherine is coming to help) have to make three tiers plus an extra large one so there will be enough for everyone. I decided to do a practice cake this weekend and half the first one didn't cook long enough (tasted fine) so I had to make three halves.. then the icing does not do what it says in the recipe and would not roll out, so I am v scared. Can I make this work? will it look well to the jaybad or just plain bad.. please think of me! (The good news is that the failed practice half made a great pudding yesterday disguised with some brandy and fruit and tasted bostin. So it will taste okay but what about the photographs?)

Comments:
WE really need photos.
 
PS
Am also making 16th birthday cake today.
(No not for me,silly.)
 
Pictures to follow. Last two cakes now safe in oven. That is 2x6inches done, 2x9 inches, 2x 12 and the last 2x12 cooking. The scary bit is the icing (white chocolate) later this week. Hope the birthday cake went well! and of course it isn't your 16th, you can't be that old.
 
You are truly a magnificent bear for getting all those cakes into the oven this evening. You know that you should NEVER EVER offer to make cakes for people. It is simply the most stressful thing in the world. BUT you are clearly over the worst. I too would like to see a picture
 
photos to follow if the icing works. Off to make a mountain of butter icing now. Today I unwrapped and melted 27 bars of white chocolate (Green and Black's). Overall we will use 36 bars of plain chocolate and 47 bars of white. That is not easy when you are unwrapping with paws.
 
Am fainting with hunger.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?