Tuesday, August 02, 2005

 
Must have these in my office..
Inspired by
Dr Joolz and her kitchen inventory I rushed off home and got my camera and did the same for my office.




This is my faithful Denby mug, or actually one of a series as several have been broken. And even better I hardly ever have to fill it myself.



Because I am a first class bear I have two phones. Or rather I inherited them.. in actual fact I hardly ever use them and tomorrow I will have one new phone instead as we are upgrading our phones this week.



For days when I am being sensible I have a sensible set of gadgets...



And for other days I have my shark stapler and my Acapulco pen holder with little wind surfers in it to play with.

And to remind me about children I have these paintings and the owl.


I think every academic is supposed to have sherry in their room. I do like sherry but I hardly ever get to drink it at work. I like to know it is there for a crisis.



The glass jar has healthy nuts and raisins to stop me eating chocolate. It doesn't work.. and the little tin is some very smart mints we got from the Blackwell stall at UKLA. It makes a great clicking sound when you open and shut it.



If someone very well dressed comes to see me they can hang their coat on this very old coat hanger - if you look closely you can see it has an old London phone number from before STD.

This alien holds useful things for me like my name badge.


And I have two umbrellas, one in case the other one gets left in the house by mistake.

Which of these would you want? What is essential in your office world?


Comments:
GREAT post mary Plain. I really liked seeing your stuff. I LOVE the space ship it is BRILLIANT.
 
I want the coat hanger.
I don't even have a peg - but then I don't get important visitors - or certainly none that wear coats. However, most of my visitors could do with wearing a coat to cover the bit that is often above their trousers and under their top, SO I am going to get a peg and a trendy hanger in the hope that they wear a coat and I no longer have to view stomach flesh. Except that I have just worked out that this won't work will it - because they will take their coat off to hang it on my trendy hanger!

Does this make me sound like an intolerant person?
 
Clare, maybe you need to get a coat as well as a coat hanger and then have the window open. Then you can lend them the coat to keep warm and that nasty midriff will be out of sight. At least if thongs are going out of fashion the back view may be better..
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?