Monday, August 08, 2005

 
An interesting weekend..

We were going to go out on these this Sunday:



But on Saturday we went out on this:



which used to be my favourite of our motorbikes, having a great sound and being quite easy for the pillion to get on even in leather trousers that used to fit better before this bear ate so many cream buns. But while we were out the clutch went wrong and despite The Motorcyclist's best efforts the bike went over at a junction and we both fell off. Several bruises later (no real harm done) we decided we didn't want to cycle on Sunday after all. I am assured that had we gone out on what The Motorcyclist calls our hangar queen:

it would not have happened. But the Moto Guzzi- as everyone else would call this bike ( a California T3 if you want to get detailed, like they used to ride on CHIPS) is very hard to climb on if you have short legs and aforementioned too-tight leathers.. Lesson to self- either eat less or buy larger leathers.

So instead on Sunday we went walking and saw some very typical Lincolnshire skies: Then had a pub roast dinner which will do nothing for the aforementioned leather trouser crisis..

Comments:
Mary Plain please be more careful. I had no idea about your biking tendencies and am SO impressed that you and Mr Motorcycle own two big brummers and the associated leather gear. BUT you must take care not to fall off again as I have come to depend on your postings and would miss them sorely if you were unable to tap away.

When you fell off, did you kind of keel slowly over sideways? Martin did this once on his pushbike with his feet clipped into the pedals and had to go to hospital with a head injury - despite wearing a helmet. He refused to go in the air ambulance because they wouldn't carry his bike too!
 
You have been very brave while I have been away but must now CALM DOWN.

When I first started riding my bike with special clip-on thingiesI kept on falling off and one of my bruises literally stayed for six months. I also did that slow motion falling thing that Martin did .. it was most weird as I always remembered to unclip my foot to stop, but then tried to put the other foot down, ths comiacaly dragging the bike over everytime. But I did not go to hospital.
 
No bruises at all to speak of for me though The Motorcyclist reports yellow knees. Yes,it was pretty slow but not as slow as falling off a pushbike. I have done that- it was when we first started cycling, we were going up a little steep lane and I changed down too soon and was spun out. I was so surprised I just stopped, didn't brake or put my foot down or anything, and fell slowly sideways! My mum did the same long ago after cycling home after some scrumpy- my dad just caught her in time..
I am dead impressed that you use clip-ons, Dr Joolz, have never dared!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?