Thursday, August 18, 2005

 
And Another Day Out!
This time we went to Ironbridge in Coalbrookdale which is a World Heritage Site and again it was dead good, well to the jay bad and bostin. Photos will follow when I get my camera lead..
and again I was struck by the digital divide as the lovely volunteer guide ( retired gent) tried to explain iron smelting to the kids there by talking about how you blow on a fire to light it and how you skim jam when you make it. Blank looks from all kids, knowing nods from adults. But all the children in the museum were as you would expect confidently tackling the computer quizzes about pollution etc. (Didn't take pics of this as when I was taking a picture on Tuesday (of the ceiling actually) this woman was stressing in case any of her group of chidlren were in my shot.. 'just let me move my children first'.. )

Comments:
Amazing this moral panic stuff around kids and photos lately. It is comparable to the 'stealing souls' business.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?